Looking for dill-flavored inspiration? Here are several fantastic uses for dill that you might not have thought of.
- Add sparkle to a tuna sandwich.
- Enhance a cold gazpacho soup.
- Mix 1/4 cup fresh dill with 1/4 cup vinegar, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add 2 sliced cucumbers, 1 cup sliced red onion, and 2 cut-up tomatoes. Toss, and let stand at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Got a favorite pureed carrot soup recipe? Be sure to garnish it with some delicate dill fronds for a treat that’s not only tasty, but visually appealing.
- Dill with salmon is a marriage made in heaven. Add finely chopped garlic, too!
- Add to Greek green salads, with romaine, sliced scallions and crumbled feta.
- Make your own sourdough bread? Throw in some olives and dill.
- Chop 1/2 cup dill fine and mix with 2-3 tablespoons butter, salt, and pepper.
- For an incredible roasted chicken, use a spoon to get dill under the skin of the breasts, thighs, and legs, and massage it around the meat. Stuff some into the cavity of the chicken with lemon slices and garlic.
- Add to potato soup, or potato salad with lemon and green onion.
- Add to cole slaw, omelets, lentil dahl, or borscht.
- Make dill sauce with plain yogurt, mayo, sour cream, garlic, lemon, and salt and pepper.
Have you tried this recipe? Tell us how it turned out!