It’s the time of the season when the weather is getting hot and people are craving light salads over heartier meals. Often overlooked in the interest of hearty greens, romaine lettuce is a lighter green that packs a serious nutritional punch!
Romaine is an excellent source of:
- Vitamin A – important for eye health
- Vitamin K – essential for blood clotting
- Folate – critical for neuronal development and DNA synthesis
Romaine is a good source of:
- Vitamin C – important for immune health
- Potassium – protective against high blood pressure and heart disease
- Copper – central to building strong tissue, maintaining blood volume, and producing energy in cells
- Iron – enhances oxygen transport to all parts of the body
To add some fresh crunch to your summer days, chop up some romaine for a fresh salad, use the gorgeous large leaves as a bed for most any dish, or use the large crisp leaves to make spring rolls without the rice paper!
Have you tried this recipe? Tell us how it turned out!